I recently got a check from Google.com for my Google Adsense business, but noticed I was unable to cash the Check as I normal used to, through my GTbank domiciliary account because of ‘new banking policies’. Well, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I now had to try out the new option of wire transfer. Filling the form seemed a little complex so I had to meet my banker to explain how to go about filling the form correctly which I would show you here.
Google Adsense Checks Via Mail, (such a long process).
In the past, before the new wire transfer option, it used to take ‘forever’ to get those checks. Google.com gave you the option of sending your checks via courier or normal post. I often choose courier using DHL as a preferred choice, till that was scrapped and I was left with the option of using normal mail. Trust Nigerian postal service, getting my check sent to my doorstep would take over a month and when the check finally arrives I would then have to take it to my bank, GTBank, give the check to a cashier, who would then send to their headquarters for clearance and then to their corresponding bank in the USA which would then take another 2 weeks or more before I see the money reflected in my domiciliary account. Give or take the process would take over one – two months to cash a check that should normally come every month.
Google Adsense Payments Via Wire Transfer (Much quicker)
You would need to get the following information:
- Get yourself a domiciliary account with your bank.
- Ask your bank for SWIFT CODE or SWIFT-BIC of your bank
- Intermediary bank name if any
- Intermediary SWIFT-BIC if any.
Set Wire Transfer as your primary mode pf payment
- log into your Google AdSense account and click on the settings icon that looks like a gear at the right upper side of the page (this is close to your email address)
- Click on the icon, you will see payments, click on it.
- After clicking it, an option will appear at the left side of the page,you will see PAYMENT SETTINGS, click on it
- it will bring up another option, you will see ADD PAYMENT PLATFORM, click on it
- after clicking on payment platform, it will bring out an option to choose between check or wire transfer, tick the small radio button close to wire transfer option
- it will bring out a form to fill in your bank wire transfer details.in the form, here is what you will need to fill it.
Following Google Adsense instructions: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/3372975?hl=en (screen shot below)
I use GTBank so I would cite that as an example:
When you have finished, click on save button and set as your primary payment method
Hope this helps.
1,302 total views, 2 views today
Samuel Oritsejimi Iyinbo has been making money online since 2003 as a website designer with over 60 clients and counting, an internet business consultant, serial entrepreneur and spiritual teacher where he disseminates spiritual messages The Roving Messenger. He founded Illumination Concepts’ E-learning Centre and Innovation Hub the Internet Business Academy Nigeria, to share his knowledge and to train people on how to make money online.